Santa Maria Della Concezione Crypts, Rome
Posted by Tessa on 8 March 2013
In 1631 the Capuchin Friars left their friary near the Trevi Fountain and came to live at the Santa Maria Della Concezione Crypts.
They brought with them the remains of deceased friars so that all the Capuchin friars would be in the same place. Rather than simply burying them, the monks decorated the the crypt with their bones to remind themselves that death could come any time.
Do go on...